Skip To Main Content

College Testing

A CEEB number is required when registering for the ACT, SAT, and other standardized tests, and on some college or scholarship applications.

College and Career High School CEEB number: 320-138


Most universities require either an ACT or an SAT score to apply. Universities will accept either score. The scores on the ACT and SAT correlate one to one which means if you take both tests you will score about the same on each. One test is not easier or harder than the other. Some students take both and then use their best score.

Students can opt to have their scores sent automatically to the college(s) of their choice when they sign up to take the ACT or SAT. Some students wait to get the scores and then send them to the college. Keep in mind if you wait and send them after the scores are released, it costs more money.

We recommend that you take either the ACT or SAT during April or June of your junior year. You may also take or retake the Sept or October test during your senior year. Discuss the best plan for you with your high school counselor.

CCHS does receive your score but will not release it to anyone without your written permission. Many universities require that the score come directly from ACT or SAT.

Below find the links to register for the tests:


(practice exam for the SAT and National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Exam)

The PSAT/NMSQT exam is offered on two national test dates in October. Juniors who take the exam and score in the top 100 scores in the state will be named National Merit Scholarship semi-finalists. This designation is used to award scholarships at many universities throughout the United States. Semi-finalists then have the opportunity during their senior year to compete for finalist designation. For more information go to:


These exams in reading, English, math and writing determine course placement for all students at CNM.